6 Jan 2016

NICCI FRENCH - CATCH ME WHEN I FALL - BOOK REVIEW


I was recently given a stack of books by a work colleague, and this was my first pick from the pile! I have to say, one chapter in, I was totally hooked!


To outline briefly, Holly Krauss, the main character in our story, is a happily married successful business owner. She lives life to the max, daring to do things that others wouldn't even consider, although they look on with admiration, involuntary loving her despite all her flaws.

As the story unravels, it becomes apparent that there is possibly more to Holly's behaviour than just a flamboyant personality. An undiagnosed mental illness may be the cause of her recklessness, paranoia and unwise decisions. Eventually, Holly finds that her ghosts are gaining on her, with near disastrous consequences, and she is left wondering who she can really trust!

This is a well constructed story with a few surprising twists and turns - nothing typical here! If, like me, this is your first dalliance with Nicci French's work, I'm confident it will leave you hungry for more!

Although this book was written around ten years ago, it still packs enough of a punch to keep you gripped and eager for your next reading session! If you are looking to kick off your 2016 reading list with a bang, give this a whirl! In my opinion, this story is well worthy of a television drama adaptation!

MORE FROM NICCI FRENCH:

The Memory Game, The Safe House, Killing me softly, Beneath the Skin, The Red Room, Land of the Living, Secret Smile.

PUBLISHER - BCA

GENRE - FICTION

ISBN - 0 000001 423716

RATING - 5/5

06/01/2016