24 Feb 2015

BYGONE TIMES ~ ECCLESTON CHORLEY


If you love antiques and unusual collectables, then you'll adore Bygone Times in Chorley, Lancashire. This place is a treasure trove of furniture, clothing, pottery, cutlery, tools, books, toys - you name it! It takes a while to get around the place, so make sure you head over there early in order to give yourself plenty of time for a good old rummage around!


Of course, if you are in need of half-time refreshments, you can always slip in to the cafe and refuel! Their home made cakes are to die for!


Without further ado, lets get into the snaps we took of some of the gorgeous items to be found inside!





I love reading the messages on the back of old post cards! Look at the old stamps!



Henry and the girls!






I remember us having these chairs at infant school!


I used to love my Sindy!


Just thought I would throw in this random picture from the late 80s, of one of our dogs zooming past a jardiniere that wouldn't look at all out of place on the stall pictured above! 


Really loved this stool from the 1950s! Didn't have the money for it, otherwise it would have been accompanying me on my journey home! 


Anyone remember these?






Spud Trooper! :)


There were one or two slightly disturbing items nestled amongst the gems! lol (see below)


Poor old Jacko! This is so unkind! 


Gives me the creeps, but each to their own!



Our little purchase!


LOVE these! Reminds me of the cutlery my nan always had! 

When we got home, my partner Stu gave them a good clean with some metal polish and they came up a treat! 



Think these will be our Sunday best!

Lastly, I will leave you with this happy little guy!


I don't know what's going on there either, but he's kinda badass! 

Hope you enjoyed a sneak peak into this wonderful place! We didn't get to see it all on Sunday, so I know we will most certainly be back at some point! If you live close by or are willing to travel a little, I won't hesitate to recommend a visit! Check the link above which will take you to their website for further details on opening times and prices, etc. Don't forget to come back and tell me if you go! 


*This is not a sponsored post